Thursday, June 18, 2009

A few steps backwards

I started washing My clothes by hand a few weeks ago...
I work at whenever need be and I have to say I really enjoy it!

Yes, I have a washing machine, But frankly it doesn't do the job as well as I do and uses twice the Water!
I got this strange notion that I could do a better job by hand for most things (Not my cloth diapers thought...I use the machine for them) and I was right.

I started making my own laundry soap, washing by hand and hang drying, My Kids LOVE it...My daughter Will about fight me to get her hands in the wash water and do some cleaning (Makes me so proud!)
My niece comes on laundry Making Day and grates the soap while I do everything else.
Its a big help and cuts my work time by half (And If need be I can chase the baby while she grates!)

Ahhh A few steps "Backwards" and My life feels so easy...I cook, clean, and care for my babies and Fur babies...
Since all my lifestyle changes I feel like a better person, and feel like I don't have to worry as much....Simplifying has really Changed my life for the better.
and a small task like washing the clothes by hand just makes me feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment